KIRITI GIRLS SECONDARY SCHOOL
TO EXPLOIT ONE’S FULL POTENTIALS FOR THE
POSITIVE DEVELOPMENT OF ONESELF AND THE WORLD.
TO FACILITATE THE UTILIZATION OF ALL RESOURCES TO PRODUCE AN ALL ROUNDED PERSON FOR THE FAST CHANGING WORLD.
DISCIPLINE AND HARD-WORK FOR EXCELLENCE
About Kiriti Girls
Kiriti Girls was founded as a Harambee School back in 1973 following a fundraiser by parents of Muthangari, Kiamuturi, Mioro, and Wambwe and lies on a 12-acre piece of land. This was after the relocation of the Gacharage-íní primary school in 1968 to provide space for the development of the secondary school. At inception, the school was known as Muthangari Secondary School. At the time of its commencement, the school was a mixed day school, meaning it was admitting both boys and girls and did not have boarding facilities. In 1977, the school was moved to the current location and renamed Kiriti Mixed Secondary School. Today, the school is a government owned school through MoE and by extension DEB and is a strictly boarding girls’ school.
The founders of the school at the time envisioned to increase the number of young people from the locality who had secondary education. Since during this time Kenya was still struggling to have enough budget for education and absorb all the primary school leavers to secondary schools, the locals took it an own initiative to ensure this goal is achieved. The founding members of the school were parents from Muthangari, Kiamuturi, Mioro, and Wambwe.
In 1973, the school had an enrollment of 78 students comprising of both girls and boys. Over the years with the improvement of the school facilities the changing economic and social aspects in the country, have seen the school take students from areas far away from the locality. Besides, the population has also increased tremendously to around 358 students presently.
On academics, the school could be ranked among the lower middle performance based on the results posted over the last ten years. At present, the school runs two streams, and has a total of 20 teachers. On the co-curricular activities front, the school has had several sporting activities such as football, handball, volley ball, table tennis, badminton, and athletics (cross-country and other races, skip and long jump, etc.). Besides, the school also participates in activities such as drama and music festivals. The co-curricular activities have been considered as not only important for relaxation of the students, but also a way of developing student’s talents and keeping them fit.
The performance of the School is improving every year 2016 2017 and 2018 where the improvement index last year was 0.514. The position in the sub-county is rising from position 13,10 and 8 out of 31 since 2016 to 2018 respectively.
Clubs & Societies
There are various Clubs and societies where students engage themselves in various activities these includes, Scout Movements, wildlife club, Peace club, Presidential Award, Red-Cross club and Science club .
We involve our students in co-curricular activities which includes Drama and music up to national level. Sports and Athletes where they compete favorably up to regional level.
CA & CU
The Christian Union and Catholic action of Kiriti Girls helps to strengthen the spiritual lives of students through prayers, studying the Bible and Fellowship among other activities.
- Provision of effective leadership in the day-to-day management of the school.
- Work as a link between various stakeholders.
- Motivate teaching and NTS v Ensure conducive learning environment.
- Enhance and maintain discipline among teachers, students, and NTS.
- Principal assistant to the school principal
- Coordination of teaching and learning activities
- Discipline enhancement among students as the chairperson of the school’s Disciplinary Committee.
- repare duty roster for teachers and prefects
- Coordination of teaching and learning activities in respective departments.
- Provision of effective leadership of their departments.
- Ensuring proper coverage as well as completion of the syllabus
- Creation of an effective team among all the teachers in the department.
- Suggestions of reliable academic materials for the department.
- Harmonization of teaching activities within their department
- Monitoring and supervising delivery within their departments.
- Maintenance of class arrangement and neatness among students
- Students counselling in respective classes
- Observation and maintenance of student’s discipline. Provision of G&D to students on academics and careers.
- Maintaining class attendance register
- Maintaining class performance and progressive records.
- Assisting in setting class target mean
- Curriculum implementation and teaching.
- Support smooth running of the school
- Ensure there is a serene environment for student learning
Geographical Location of Kiriti Girls
The school is located about 125 KM North of Nairobi, off the Kangema Kiria-ini road, branching at Njumbi to follow the Njumbi- Gacharage-ini Road. It is in Mathioya Sub-County, Murang’a County. The school is approximately 5971 feet above the sea level. Being at this altitude the climate is cool and temperate. The site is gently sloping with large open areas surrounded by trees and is a non-urban locality making this an ideal learning environment.